...

Monday, June 1, 2015

Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
It's that time of year again, when Sephora releases their coveted kit of sun safety products.  I bought one two years ago but skipped last year's set.  Since products with SPF have a relatively short shelf life, it was time to stock up again!

The price is right on this collection at $32 with a value of $155, plus $20 of that price goes to the Skin Cancer Foundation.  I'm a reformed sun worshipper (it was de rigueur to tan when I was a teen), and I'm more than a bit nervous that I'll develop skin cancer at some point.  Crossing my fingers, but plenty of damage has already been done.  Even when I quit actively tanning, I hated the feel of most sunscreens on top of my oily skin, so it's only been in the last few years that I'm conscientious about using sunscreen on my face.  Formulas have improved so much, thank goodness.
I'm happy to see some new products that I've yet to try, as well as some old favorites in this kit.  If I've reviewed or used an item before, I'll have comments or a link to a full review available: 
  • 0.1 oz Ole Henriksen total truth™ eye crème SPF 15
  • 0.34 oz Korres Yoghurt Nourishing Fluid Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 30
  • 0.08 oz Fresh® Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15:  always nice to have another, and I do appreiciate the SPF in a lip product, which usually seems to be neglected.
  • 0.5 oz Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47:  I enjoyed using an earlier version of this (review here) on the weekends when taking the dogs for a walk sans makeup or working in the yard.   Looks like the SPF has been upped from 40 to 47.
  • 0.34 oz Supergoop!® City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30
  • 0.34 oz Vita Liberata Passion Flower & Argan Dry Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50:  excited to try this dry oil, sounds like it will be great for use on my legs!
  • 0.6 oz Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 50+ WetForce Broad Spectrum Water Resistant (80 Minutes):  I've got another unused tube of this, need to check the expiration date. 
  • 1.69 oz St. Tropez One Night Only in Light-Medium:  this has been a go to self tanner for me for two years now - love that it does not have that icky self-tanner scent and that it's easy to get an instant tan that is relatively transfer-resistant, yet showers off (review here).
  •  0.2 oz AmorePacific Natural Protector SPF 30:  love AmorePacific products, interested to see how this performs.  
  • 0.17 oz Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45:  I've yet to find a Dr. Jart+ BB cream that I really liked, so we shall see.
  • 0.25 oz Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare™ Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen
  • 0.3 oz Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Broad Spectrum SPF 50
  • 0.5 oz Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Light Medium:  initial impressions are favorable, need to test it a bit more.
  • 0.5 oz Origins VitaZing™ Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen:  I've had good experiences with other Origins moisturizers with SPF, but haven't tried this one before.
  • 0.17 oz Murad® Invisiblur™ Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30
  • Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion SPF 30:  have another one of these that I recently tried, a bit heavier/shinier than I care for.  May be a good weekend walk the dogs option, but doubt it will work for me under makeup.
This year's bag is sturdy and will make a good lunch bag, methinks.  The Sun Safety Kits usually sale out relatively quick, but I was surprised to see this still on Sephora's site as of Friday.  Worth checking out if you are in need of sunscreen, which I was!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about getting 1. I don't think they are going to have it for long though. So I hope they do when I decide to go get it.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually sell out really quickly, I was surprised it was still in stock! Hope you are able to get one :-)

      Delete