...

Friday, April 20, 2012

April Birchbox: Natural Wonders

April Birchbox
Birchbox's theme this month was "Natural Wonders", no doubt influenced by April's Earth Day on the 22nd.  I'm a fan of products that are green or contain natural ingredients and will opt for them when the performance is good, so bring it on!

I was pleasantly surprised to see a full sized Tarte Lipsurgence as one of the 5 items in my box!  I've got 5 or 6 of them and am a fan, so adding the peachy nude Peaceful to my collection makes me happy.  These lip pencils retail for $24, so this one item more than paid April's $10 monthly subscription.

Peaceful swatch
Also included was a .17 oz. sample of Juice Beauty's Oil-Free Moisturizer, which is perfect for my oily skin.  I've only tried one other Juice Beauty moisturizer, which I thought took forever for my skin to absorb, so it will be interesting to see how this one compares.  I love that Juice Beauty is made with certified organic ingredients, so keeping fingers crossed for good performance this time.

Sow + Reap Luxe Lemon Leaf Salt Scrub
A new to me brand in the box is dirt, whose product philosophy is " products should be more than skin deep, but also inspire health and wholeness within. It all begins at the core, sometime you have to dig, and for us it begins with -- DIRT."  I got a sample of the sow & reap luxe salt scrub Lemon Leaf, which contains salt, shea butter, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, raspberry seeds, vitamin E, and lemon oil.  I love scrubs and this one really leaves your skin soft and hydrated without an oily residue.  It's a soft scrub with the raspberry seeds providing most of the exfoliating action.  The lemony scent lingered for hours and fortunately I found it very pleasant.

Got a perfume sample this month, which I don't usually care for.  However, this one is really nice!  It is Orange Sanguine by French perfumer Atelier Cologne and is a blend of blood orange, jasmine and sandalwood.  I've worn it several times already and have to say it's a scent I would wear - it smells good on me from initial application on through it's dry down phases.  It's a light, citrusy scent yet has depth, with the sandalwood coming out at the end.  The included postcard captures the feel of the cologne.  Tres bien!

The lifestyle extra this month was two single-use, eco-friendly detergent packs by dropps.  They are scent and dye free and are made of biodegradeable plant based surfactants.  A pack of 20 only costs $6, so if these work, I'll be checking them out.

Birchbox has been a winner for me so far!  If you subscribe to Birchbox, what did you get this month?

2 comments:

  1. i'm excited to try out the salt scrub! sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color you got for your lip tint! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete