...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Preview of Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year Nail Enamel Set

If you haven't heard, Sephora and Pantone have declared Tangerine Tango to be the color of the year.  Personally, I really like the color orange and was interested to see the Sephora products developed for this limited edition release.  After perusing the various sets and individual items, I decided the nail enamel set was the item I would use the most.

This set contains four nail polishes in four different finishes - Tangerine Tango Shimmer, Creme, Matte, and Glitter.  The Creme and Matte are the exact same shade, just a different finish.  The packaging and presentation are top notch - these would make a lovely gift for orange lovers.

Tangerine Tango Shimmer
Tangerine Tango Shimmer is a reddish orange with gold  shimmer, but I think I see some pink in there as well.  This reminded me of China Glaze's Riveting from the recent Capital Colours collection.  My mother is now wanting Riveting so we went on a mini-hunt for it with no luck - partially because so many stores were closed on Easter.  But Ulta was out and was not expecting any more in.  The sales associate told me China Glaze is not planning on making any more either (they already did a second run), so Riveting could become a hard to find item.  But I digress.  I did a quick swatch just to compare and Tangerine Tango Shimmer is not as vibrant as Riveting at one coat and is more sheer, so it looks softer to me.  The second coat was closer, but not a complete dupe.  Same color family however, so if you liked Riveting, you may like this one as well.
Tangerine Tango Creme
Both Tangerine Tango Creme and Matte look the same in the bottle, so I've only got a shot of the Creme here.  I don't own any other matte polishes and will reserve judgement until I try it out.  I was thinking the Matte would like nice with the Glitter over it, but the Glitter dries dull and needs a topcoat to bring it to life, so that rules out using Matte with the Glitter.  Oh well.   
Tangerine Tango Glitter
This set is currently available at Sephora for $24, which is a reasonable $6 per bottle.   Some NOTD's to feature these polishes will be forthcoming, so stay tuned for notes on formula and application!  Also, if Tangerine Tango is a shade you really love, more information as well as a product finder can be found at 2012 Pantone Color of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment