...

Saturday, April 21, 2012

N.Y.C. City Sweets LE Extended Wear Lip Gloss in Tangerine Crush

N.Y.C. is really hitting it out of the park with me as far as their lip glosses go!  I saw the City Sweets Limited Edition display at my Rite Aid and everything in it was 50% off, so I picked up the Extended Wear Lip Gloss in Tangerine Crush. 

Here is a shot of the display from N.Y.C's Facebook page.  I'm a sucker for coral, and the ingredients in this drug store brand lip gloss actually looked pretty good - Kokum butter, jojoba oil, grapefruit, vitamins A and E.


These claim to wear up to 8 hours, condition your lips, have high color and shine, and not be sticky.  Nothing wears for 8 hours on me, but Tangerine Crush did last a good 3-4 hours.  I'm constantly sipping on a drink or eating every 3-4 hours, so that's about the duration of anything on my lips.  

Also a plus, my lips did feel hydrated and comfortable without an overly sticky texture.  These do have some tackiness, but nothing excessive.  As far as color payoff, Tangerine Crush is more of a sheer coral gloss with no sparkles, just a wash of color.  

I believe the regular retail was $3.49 at Rite Aid, so I paid $1.75.  Steal!  I'm going to have to look more closely at the two other LE shades, Nude at Night (light bronze) and Always Sweet (pink), if any are still available. 
NYC Extended Wear Lip Gloss in Tangerine Crush

No comments:

Post a Comment