...

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pink Escape Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée by Josie Maran

I've got another coconut water infused cheek gelée by Josie Maran to show you, this time called Pink Escape.  I acquired this deluxe travel sized cheek tint via Sephora's Summer Stash Favorites set, which is currently on sale at Sephora for $30. 
The Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée formula contains 50% coconut water, and the bouncy gel texture can be applied with either your fingers or a brush (I prefer using a brush).  It feels slightly cool when applied, and leaves behind a realistic but subtle flush of color.  I like how natural it looks, and color can be built up in intensity with multiple layers, but be careful as too much product will result in visible and uneven buildup of the product.
Pink Escape is close in color to Pink Island (full review here), but leans slightly more pink with Pink Island slightly more coral in comparison.  
Is the difference between the two colors enough to justify both?  Probably not.  I also find the smaller pot a tad more difficult to use, as the opening is just large enough to get your finger into.  However, if you want to give the formula a try without investing $22 for a full sized pot, the Summer Stash Favorites set would be a good option, provided there are other products in the set that you will use. 

2 comments:

  1. I love her newer creamy oils so I think this is definitely worth looking into! I find the smaller container a bit frustrating, so I might just go ahead and purchase the full size.... the question is, which shade? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy these! I still want to try one of the oils,wish I could get a sample as they are probably not the best formula for my oily skin.

      Delete