...

Monday, March 26, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadows in Bronzed Taupe, Endless Pearl, Continuous Cocoa

Bronzed Taupe, Endless Pearl, Continuous Cocoa
Bronzed Taupe, Endless Pearl, and Continuous Cocoa are the last of the L'Oreal Infallible 24HR eye shadows that I picked up.  I'm still fascinated with the unique texture of these shadows, but also more aware of their shortcomings as well.  Some of the shades are too shimmery - not the best look for aging eyes.  On the other hand, some of the mattes apply rather patchy.  I've found that using a very light touch with the shimmery shades makes them wearable for me.  For the shades that apply patchy, I use them as an eyeshadow base or as an eye liner. 

Bronzed Taupe is a lovely warm taupe with lots of shimmer.  It applies well, although it can skip in places if applied lightly.  I wasn't even aware of it until I took some photos of a finished look, but there it was.  Endless Pearl is a cream matte that provides a nice base for other colors and brightens eyes.  Continuous Cocoa is a dark brown matte, and as you can see from the swatches, can be a bit patchy.  I use it mainly to line upper and lower lashes and it works well for that.  The first swatch photo is in shade, the second in full sun.
Bronzed Taupe
Endless Pearl
Continuous Cocoa
All swatches are over bare skin, but I do use an eye primer for my eyes.  I've got oily skin so for me a primer is a must for all shadows.  These do last for a good 8 hours of wear, although there is some fading.  They apply best for me with my finger, which can make reaching inner eye corners a bit difficult.  For lining, my regular liner brush or a foam applicator works well.  Provided these do not dry out, these should last forever, as the high pigmentation means a little goes a long way.

For this look, I used Endless Pearl all over, Bronzed Taupe in the crease and below, and Continuous Cocoa to line upper and lower lashes.  For highlighting inner corners of my eye, I used my UD 24/7 shadow pencil in Sin.  You can see the skipping I mentioned on the left eye.

To see reviews and swatches of Midnight Blue, Amber Rush, and Golden Sage, click here.  Perpetual Purple, Iced Latte, and Sultry Smoke review and swatches are here

No comments:

Post a Comment