...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in Warm Golden

I've not worn drugstore brand foundation in ages, but I've found one that works for me!  It's Revlon's Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in Warm Golden, which I had heard a good review of on The Beauty Professor's blog (you can see it here).  Now, she's somewhat of a foundation expert, so if she found it noteworthy, I thought it would be worth checking out.
My biggest conundrum was deciding on what color, as there were not many swatches online to compare, and it was next to impossible to tell from looking at the jar.  The Beauty Professor did have some swatches which helped me to decide to go with Warm Golden, which has turned out to be a great match for my fair but warm toned skin. 
Packaged in a glass jar with considerable heft, here is my major drawback and workaround:  the open jar design means you have dip out the makeup with your fingers or stick your applicator of choice in, risking potential contamination.  What I've done is use Q-tips to pick up the foundation, which I dab on my face and then use my foundation brush to blend. 
I've got oily skin, and the formula of the Colorstay Whipped is working very well on my skin for 2 months now.  I like that the coverage is buildable and the finish is a semi-matte but not mask like.  The labels says this will wear for 24 hours (come on, really?), and while that's a stretch, I do get a good 8-9 hours wear before my super oily skin does it's damage.  That's pretty good for me.

Outside
Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup is about $14, but I waited for a sale and got mine for about $8 at Drugstore.com.  Edit:  Rite Aid has all Revlon products on sale for 40% off this week, which makes the foundation $8.39.  I just picked up another one :-)  Well worth it at the higher price (or more), and this has become a staple in my foundation rotation, which consists of Clinique's Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup in Neutral, a BB cream plus a mineral powder on top, and now the Colorstay Whipped Creme.
Inside
 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

2 comments:

  1. I hate that packaging! Why why why would you put foundation in a jar?!?!
    I do want to try it though because everyone seems to love it, I shall wait until it goes on sale though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only assume that because the consistency of the foundation is a bit thick, the open jar makes it easier to get out? A plastic squeeze type bottle would probably work, although that's not as high end looking.

      Delete