...

Friday, November 1, 2013

NOTD: Black Plum by Estee Lauder

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Black Plum is part of the Delectable Lacquers gift set that I recently picked up.  An almost black purple, there is a faint shimmer in the bottle but it doesn't really translate to my nails.  What I do get is a high gloss finish that is the same color as Pinot Noir, at least to my eye when I was drinking a glass while applying Black Plum :-)
I needed two coats to achieve opacity and I found the polish to be self leveling and easy to work with.  I used Zoya's base and top coats, but Black Plum is plenty glossy all on it's own. 
Estee Lauder polishes are $20 for a .33 ounce bottle, which is smaller than many brands .5 oz. sized bottles.  I'm rarely motivated to pay that much for a polish, but the Delectable Lacquers gift set I showed yesterday was more attractively priced at $27.50 for four travel sized (.17 oz) bottles, so I guess it triggered my purchase tipping point :-)

Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Jennie at Well Shut the Front Door!

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color! I love the polish set you got. So pretty!! Can't wait to see them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a gorgeous color! It looks a bit different between the bottle and your fingernails, but it's so dark and vampy!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's darker than it looks in the bottle!

      Delete
  3. This is a fantastic colour--so sexy! But the cost, girl. THE COST! Holy moly! It's awesome that you got some smaller bottles because that's hella money to try! Thanks for taking one for the team to tell us all about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely proud of their polishes:-)

      Delete