...

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Empties! Products I Used Up in October


Lots of skin care items used up last month, including a few that I would purchase again.  Skynn Iceland's White Cloud Spot Treatment and Glacial Face Wash fall in the purchase again category, as I found them gentle yet effective.  You can see my review of the spot treatment here
 

I was interested to see what the hoopla was about GlamGlow, and I was able to get about 3 uses from this sample.  I liked it, but for the price, I'll go with Shea Terra Organics' Moroccan Lava & Rose Hips Thyme-to-Go facial masque instead (review here).  They are both deep cleansing mud masks but Thyme-to-Go is $28 a bottle vs. GlamGlow's $69.  

I used up a full sized (Bubble & Bee, review here) and deluxe sized sample of natural cream deodorant, both of which I was introduced to via my Eco Emi subscription.  I'm a convert to natural ingredient based deodorants and don't see myself going back to drugstore fare at this point.
I also spent a few days in Albuquerque, NM which allowed me to use up more than my usual allotment of foil samples.  The climate in Albuquerque is much dryer than here in Mobile, so I needed some heavy duty moisture and the Tatcha foils I took did a really nice job of keeping my skin hydrated! Tatcha is a luxury line and I sent off for some samples a while back - I don't know if they still have the deal available but I paid only S&H and was able to nice selection of foil packets and deluxe samples to try.  Here is a post from Glamorable! that describes what to do.
There were lots of Day of the Dead (Nov. 2) items in Albuquerque that I wanted to bring home with me, but I limited myself to a t-shirt and necklace.  For some reason those happy skeletons resonated with me, so I leave you with this lovely lady:

No comments:

Post a Comment