...

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Moroccan Lava & Rose Hips Thyme-to-Go Facial Masque by Shea Terra Organics

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Blemishes.  I get 'em, still.  So, a masque with ingredients designed for blemish relief is going to appeal to me.  Shea Terra's Moroccan Lava & Rose Hips Thyme-to-Go contains Moroccan lava, vitamin-C rich rose hips, bacteria fighting thyme, honey and aloe vera, all in a powder formula.
All you do is mix with hot water to form a paste for blemishes or a mask for your entire face.  The first time I used this I did a thick mask, and when it dried, I was like "wow".  I've never had anything get that tight on my skin - it was a bit uncomfortable.  So now I use more water for a thinner mixture.  I can see where a thicker paste on individual blemishes would be perfect, though, as it really feels like it is vacuuming out your skin.
The 100% natural ingredients do have an earthy, herbal scent.  It's not unpleasant to me, more reminiscent of opening a chest where dried spices are kept.  You can see bits of the thyme as it dries on your skin, and I use a wet washcloth to loosen the mask and help brush the dried bits off as I'm rinsing.  I can tell my pores are smaller immediately after use, and my skin feels smooth.  I would call this an active mask and my skin was slightly red afterwards, so if you have sensitive skin, you might want to do a patch test first.

The amount I mixed in these pictures is about 1.5 teaspoons of the powder, which was too much and enough for probably 3-4 uses.  I refrigerated the remaining  to do daily masques and spot treatments.  I'm guessing a batch like this will be good for about a week before it goes bad.
I've really liked the Shea Terra products I've tried and this was no exception.  The Thyme-to-Go masque is $28, but it should last a very long time, both in terms of use and shelf life.  I purchased mine as part of a set available exclusively through Birchbox for $50, which significantly reduced the price.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is so interesting! I have never seen a product like this, feels very herbal medicine-y!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how simple the ingredient list is yet how potent it feels on! I also like that I don't have to worry about it going bad, since it's a dry powder.

      Delete