...

Friday, August 2, 2013

NOTD: Zoe by Julep

Zoe by Julep is a metallic dark copper with gold micro glitter, and it's simply gorgeous!  When I take pictures I usually find 3-4 that I really like, but with Zoe I was like "oh, wow" with almost every single one.
The formula was easy to work with and I used 2 coats over an OPI base coast with a Butter London top coat.  I do think that the gold microglitter gets a bit lost in the polish and even gives a bit of a rough finish at some angles, but it doesn't take away from my appreciation of the overall look.
Zoe's burnished richness has got me fantasizing about fall, as I am sick of the heat, humidity, and mosquitoes I currently experience every time I walk outside.  Cool weather is a good 2 months away for me, however, so I'll have to comfort myself with pretty colors instead :-)
Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Well Shut the Front Door!

Disclaimer:  I purchased this. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a fantastic copper! At first glance, I didn't even notice the texture but you're right that it looks a little rough. The micro-glitter doesn't seem to come out a lot, either. Boooo. Ha! But all that aside, it'll be a GREAT colour for the fall (and now, obviously, but ESPECIALLY the fall).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved this color and it wore extremely well for about 5 days before I had one little chip!

      Delete
  2. Pretty! I agree, looks like a perfect autumn shade! Your pics are great too! :)

    - Toria
    http://toriamasons-treasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, such a warm and rich color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect autumnal color - makes me excited for fall!!!

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete