...

Friday, August 16, 2013

NOTD: Sprung by OPI

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Sprung by OPI is from the Mariah Carey collection and is, in my opinion, gorgeousness in a bottle.  I do have an affinity for both the complex color and the foil metallic finish, and think this is another great summer fades to fall color.
I think of the color as a rosy bronze, but you can also see flecks of gold in the mix, which gives it both a glow and a nice color shift depending on the light.  The formula is sheer and it took 3 coats to completely cover, but the application was easy.  One thing I did notice was pressing too hard with the brush led to bald spots, but a lighter hand solved that problem.
Sprung looks like a kissing cousin to OPI's Warm & Fozzie, one of my all time favorite polishes.   Sprung however leans a bit more copper red to Warm & Fozzie's brown, so they are not dupes.  Love them both!

Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Well Shut the Front Door!

8 comments:

  1. Love!! It has fall written ALL OVER it! The dimension you got is freaking amazing. It reminds me of what I *think* a holographic polish should look like. The reds and golds are so rich, too. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love polishes with that kind of texture, it feels so... decadent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great for Fall. I have a few colors ready to go for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS color!!! Really beautiful and will be perfect for almost any season - except maybe spring haha.

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! It's like fall in a bottle! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is a perfect color for fall! Love it!

    ReplyDelete