...

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wild Sunset Pure Color Powder Blush by Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder's Pure Color blushes remain my favorite powder blush formula to date.  I love how finely milled and smooth they are, and they wear as long as any blush I've tried.  With 18 colors to chose from, I've managed to acquire 3 full sized ones as well as 2 smaller ones that were part of sets.  Today I've got Wild Sunset to show you, and it's a beauty!
Wild Sunset is a coral peach with gold shimmer.  When I say shimmer, I'm not talking obvious specks of gold, just a fine golden sheen that illuminates the skin to give it that soft glowing quality.  The Pure Color blushes manage to make my skin look better than it is, which is probably one of the major reasons why I like them so much. 

I'd say the level of pigmentation is medium, as they apply somewhat sheer but can be built up in color without any resulting caking or "clown cheeks".  These are generously sized at .25 oz., which for comparison is twice the size of a NARS blush.  So while they are $30, the size more than makes up for it.
The compacts are a pain in the butt to open, as it seems they have a sweet spot you have to find in order for them to open. More than once I've worried about ruining a manicure trying to get those compacts open, but now that I know the technique, all is well :-)
Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that blush looks huge! I like products with great value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These blushes are some of the nicest ones I've tried - love them!

      Delete
  2. This shade looks gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely a color I'm comfortable wearing.

      Delete