...

Thursday, August 1, 2013

HauteLook Summer Essentials Beauty Bag

While I've been aware of HauteLook for quite a while, it's only been recently that I've ordered a few items from them.  HauteLook, a Nordstrom company, offers selected collections of items at a significant discount, usually for a 3 day period.  For example, I was able to get some Skynn Iceland skin care products that I'm really liking at 50% off, which I'll be reviewing soon.
Today I'm showing the Summer Essentials Beauty Bag, which featured 13 items in a clear plastic makeup bag, all for $20 plus shipping.  Considering the bag's value of almost $132, quite the bargain!  Hautelook offers these beauty bags on a quarterly basis, but this is the first time I've purchased one.
While there was some variation in the lip item colors, I received:
  • Blow Pro After Blow Strong Hold Finishing Spray
  • Lashfood Nano-Peptide Natural EyeLASH Conditioner
  • L. Erickson Grab n' Go Pony Compact
  • L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream
  • Diptyque Eau de Toilette Fragrance
  • Whish Orange Cream Body Butter (a Nordstrom exclusive)
  • TanTowel Half Body Classic Self Tanning Towlette
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Naked
  • Lorac Special Effects Mascara in Black
  • Crown Brush Travel Brush Set (not shown, forgot to include in photo)
  • Miracle 10 AHA Cream
  • NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Margarita
  • Mirenesse Lip Bomb in #22
The makeup bag itself is a cheaply made clear plastic with a cardboard paper insert (not kidding) and not something I will hold onto unless it's to store items.  I've got a surplus of makeup bags so no big loss there.
I'm most excited about the Urban Decay lip liner, probably because of the flurry of blog posts I've seen recently featuring their new lip sticks and liners.  Naked looks to be a "my lips but better" kind of color, which should make it quite versatile.
The NYX lipstick in Margarita is a pretty coral color with a frost finish.  Not a huge fan of frosts, but it looks better on than I was thinking it would.
Miranesse is an Australian brand that I recently discovered via Birchbox, so I was excited to be able to try another of their products.  There were 4 color possibilities and I received #22, which is a mauve plum shade.  Creamy and intensely pigmented, this looks promising!

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the makeup items! I thought the UD was an eyeliner initially.... one that you probably have haha

    ReplyDelete