...

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in 3.5 and 4.0

I've been wanting to try out Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation, so when I received a sample card with several different shades I was quite excited to give them a whirl.  For those not familiar with how the shades are named, it's a number system with shades ending in '.0' being warm (yellow/olive undertones). and shades ending in '.5' being cool (rosy/neutral undertones).
I think of my skin as leaning warm, but 4.0 was too yellow for me, with  3.5 seeming to match much better, but it does leave me wondering about 3.0.  Hmm....there is also a clear plastic card in the sample that is supposed to help with matching the foundation to your jawline.
Naked Skin 3.5
I used Urban Decay's Naked Skin Beauty Balm as my primer, and applied the Naked Skin foundation with my Trish McEnvoy Mistake Proof Sheer Application brush.  I initially could see some settling of the foundation in my pores, so blending well was important.  However, after that the foundation was smooth and very natural looking.
Naked Skin 4.0
I'd say coverage is about medium, and Naked Skin did a job of evening out my complexion and covering some, but not all, of my skin imperfections.  The foundation does not feel heavy and was quite comfortable on.  I usually use a powder to set my foundation and for these photos I'm using Hourglass's Ambient Powder in Dim Light.  It's hard to tell from these photo's that there is much of a difference in color, but I could a darker caste in some of 4.0 pictures. 

I do get oil break through within a few hours, but that's normal for me.  I did not feel like the foundation contributed to my skin's oiliness, which is a major plus.  I also like that Naked Skin is oil-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, and contains skin nourishing ingredients such as Matrixyl 3000 for peptides, Litchiderm to protect skin from dehydration and oxidative stress, antioxidants green tea and vitamin E, and sodium hyaluronate for moisture retention.
Source:  Sephora
Naked Skin foundation is more on the pricey side at $39, but I'm considering a set that Sephora currently has that includes the full sized foundation with deluxe sample sizes of the Naked Beauty Balm and the new B6 Vitamin Infused Complexion Prep spray for $49.  It's available in shades 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 only.

Have you tried Naked Skin foundation, and if so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment