...

Thursday, August 29, 2013

July & August Empties!

I got lazy last month and didn't post my empties, so I'm doubling up to show both July and August.  Lots of stuff got used up, so here we go!
Let's start with the foils:
  • Weleda Wild Rose body lotion:  eh, not bad, but didn't stand out
  • Red Flower shower gel:  has an earthy herbal scent, rather unusual
  • essie Apricot Cuticle Oil:  I liked! 
  • John Frieda Touchable Full shampoo & conditioner:  Nice.
  • YSL Touche Eclat:  the standout for me from this group of samples.  Nice coverage with a little going a long way, and I ended up using all three colors in the sample card.  
  • Dessert Essence Coconut hand and body lotion:  Nice.
  • Biggs & Featherbelle Lemon bar soap:  Love their soaps!
  • 100% Pure Green Apple body cream:  Loved the feel of this cream, very nice. 
  • L'Oreal Total Repair 5 shampoo & conditioner: Not bad.
  • Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Exfoliating cleanser:  Eh.
  • DHC Coenzyme Q10 cream:  Nice, but too rich for my oily skin.
  • EGF cream:  Ditto.
  • DHC Head oil:  Really like this stuff, need to get a bottle.  You can read my full review here.
  • Whish deodorant swipe:  Worked well, like the convenience aspect of foil deodorant for traveling.
On to the deluxe and full sized items:
  •  Dr. Brandt Pores No More cleanser:   Billed as a non-drying, pore refining cleanser that uses the power of tea tree oil, willow bark and salicylic acid to dissolve impurities and decongest pores.  Targeted at oily skin like mine, I was excited to try this cleanser and did think it worked fine as a cleanser.  It's biggest drawback is that it makes my eyes sting, even after it's rinsed off.  I'm guessing it's the tea tree oil.  That, combined with it's price of $35, means I would not repurchase.
  • Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary shampoo:  I liked, would consider purchasing.
  • Joanna Vargas Daily Serum:  I received this murky green serum in a March beauty.com GWP beauty bag, hence the azaleas in the background.  I like this, but it is prohibitively expensive at $85 for 1 oz.  Maybe next time Birchbox has a good discount and I've got some points built up!
  • Batiste dry shampoo:  I prefer Pssssst dry shampoo, but Batiste works fine and I'd buy it when on sale.
  • Eminence Lime Refresh Tonique:  Targeted at oily skin, it's refreshing, smells nice, and this is probably the second bottle I've gone through.  Pricey at $38, however, and I've found less expensive spray toners I like as well.
  • Morrocan Oil Replenishing shampoo:  Nice, I've gone through several bottles.  
  • Peter Thomas Roth Grapefruit shower gel:  I believe this is a line Peter Thomas Roth made for a hotel chain, and was included as a GWP when I purchased from PTR.  I liked the realistic grapefruit scent!
  • Korres Mint shower gel:  Korres shower gels are my favorites, and this one has an herbal mint scent that is refreshing.  Sadly, this scent has been discontinued.
  • Korres Clementine shower gel:  another great scent, now discontinued.  I'm still pissed at the changes since Johnson & Johnson took over US distribution for Korres.
  • Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle spray for hair:  I liked!  Received this in my February Birchbox and it did indeed detangle my now long hair, leaving it soft and shiny.  Would purchase if I didn't have a backlog of hair products to get through.
  • Tarte Brazilliance Self Tanner:  Okay, but not my favorite of the tanning gels I've tried this year.  Would not purchase.
  • Whish Orange Cream body butter:  The scent reminds me of orange buttered popcorn.  I know that sounds strange, but I liked it!
  • Neocell Beauty Bursts collagen supplements:  You can read my full review here.
  • Smartlash Lash Enhancer:  This did help my lashes in that they were slightly longer and fuller.  I just bought another one during a flash sale for $19.99, which is more than reasonable considering the $125 regular price (which I would never pay).

5 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Find out about it on http://www.iamthemakeupjunkie.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Once my crazy schedule this week slows down, I'm off to look :-)

      Delete
  2. What's the difference between Psst and Batiste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the smell of Pssst better, and it's usually a dollar so so less. Performance is similar.

      Delete
  3. We have a lot of the same favorites! Lucky you, I'd love to try the ysl sample card!! :)

    ReplyDelete