...

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

NYX Margarita Extra Creamy Round Lipstick

Margarita was one of the lip products I received in my HauteLook Summer Essentials beauty bag.  I've tried NYX's Xtreme lip creams, but this is my first lipstick from them.  Described as a shimmery coral with a pearl finish, Margarita is definitely the kind of color I veer towards. 
I'd say the pearl finish actually strays into frost territory, but not to the point that it detracts from the overall look.  I had to put a little effort into getting a smooth finish, as the color tends to clump up in some places (you can kind of see that in the swatch) and does settle into lip lines.  I wouldn't call these creamy or high gloss, as the finish was somewhat waxy and dry feeling.  While that doesn't sound very good, I did not find Margarita to be uncomfortable on, and it actually looks pretty nice!
At about $4 each, there is an impressive array of colors available in the NYX round lipsticks - I counted 66 of them on Ulta's site.  Given the inexpensive price, the performance is decent with the one I've tried.  The ingredient list shows a lot of waxes and the main lip conditioning ingredients are lanolin and mineral oil, so the cheaper price is coming at the expense of higher quality ingredients. 
While I doubt I'll be acquiring any more of these, they are a viable budget lipstick and the color selection is phenomenal!

Ingredients:  Ceresin Wax, Polyethylene Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oils, Octyl Palmitate, BHA, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red No.A1 Lake, Pearl Powder, Iron Oxide.

1 comment: