...

Monday, July 14, 2014

NYX Macaron Lippie in Orange Blossom

I don't know if you got your hands on any of the Macaroon Lippies yet, but I picked up Orange Blossom and Key Lime to try out.  I would have gotten some of the other colors but they've been out of stock at ulta.com for a few weeks now.  It's not like I need lip colors that I will never wear out in public, but sometimes you just want to have fun :-)
Orange sherbert.  That's what NYX's Macaroon Lippie in Orange Blossom reminds me of, color wise. I was hopeful that this would be one of the Macaron shades that I could potentially wear out of the house, and the arm swatch was promising.  A packaging note, and not sure if they all do this, but I could not get the lipstick to stay swirled up.  It would sink back down into the bullet when I was taking pictures.  I do like that you can see the color via the clear colored middle.
Alas, Orange Blossom is a bit too pastel, although I'm still oddly drawn to it.  I guess my love of orange, in all it's variations, runs deep.  There is also significant lip line settling, which is more evident up close.  I know pastels in general can be difficult, so I tried using a lip brush to smooth things out, but that seemed to remove pigment more than anything. 
It's not hideous awful (I think), and my Cantaloup Artistique blush by Troy Surratt matches it perfectly.  Take a look:


+ =




Using a gloss on top of Orange Blossom was really the saving grace, however.  Here is Orange Blossom with Castelo, from the Le Metier de Beaute Red Rapture lip kaleidoscope.
+ =


Next is Orange Blossom with Esthetique, from the Bauhaus lip kaleidoscope. 


 + =

Last up is Orange Blossom with Criterion from the Bauhas kaleidoscope.  This made for such a soft peach hued lip!  Glosses are definitely the way to go with Orange Blossom, IMO. 

+ =

No comments:

Post a Comment