...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Nail of the Day: Some Like it Haute

I clearly have a thing for glitter polish.  Each time I do my base coat, which for this look was OPI's Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees from the 2009 Spain collection, I think "how pretty" and then cover it with a glitter polish.  Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees looked to me like a deep charcoal cream, but I've also seen it described as a smoky dark blue shimmer, so there ya go.  Bright lights bring out the blue and the faint shimmer, apparently. Two coats were almost opaque, but I didn't bother with a third as I knew I'd be putting China Glaze's Some Like it Haute on top.

Some Like it Haute
Some Like it Haute is from China Glaze's Eye Candy collection of Marilyn Monroe inspired polishes.  It is tiny silver and black glitter with medium sized holographic glitter and I used two coats.  The finish on this was quite gritty, but two layers of topcoat made it smooth enough.  I also managed to smudge my index finger before it was completely dry, but c'est la vie.  Hardly a manicure goes by where I don't manage to mess it up somehow.

Good bottle shots where hard to come by as Some Like it Haute made my camera want to not focus, but the above gives you a pretty good idea of the multi-color holo glitter lurking inside (click on photo to enlarge).  Since Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and we're in for 6 more weeks of winter, maybe this ice slicked road with broken tail lights look is appropriate.  For those of us that seem to have skipped winter, maybe just think of it as deep space? 



No comments:

Post a Comment