...

Monday, January 21, 2013

Crystal Pink Pure Color Crystal Lipstick by Estee Lauder

I'm not really sure why, but I've always preferred lip gloss over lipstick.  Perhaps it's because I associated lipsticks with a more dry feel to my lips, or perhaps it's because I associated lipstick with bolder colors.  Regardless, I'm slowly integrating more lipsticks into my collection.   I recently acquired Estee Lauder's Crystal Pink lipstick in a gift with purchase, and I'm finding it to be a great choice for a subtle pink lip that looks very natural - the proverbial "my lips but better"!
Pink Crystal lipstick by Estee Lauder
The Pure Color Crystal lipsticks are described as having sheer to medium coverage that is buildable and wears for hours while staying true to color.   Pink Crystal is a creme finish that actually looks lighter on my lips than it does in the tube.  It is not a high gloss finish, but neither does it look dry or matte.  It felt creamy on and was comfortable to wear, no doubt helped by the shea butter, apricot kernel oil, and murumuru butter included in the formula. 
I'm a bit surprised that it wears lighter on my lips than it does in the arm swatch or how it looks in the tube, but all these pictures were taken in outdoor light, so should be accurate.
Regardless, I do like it, as it's one of those lipsticks that I can wear like a lip balm, because it is so close to my own lip color.
The Pure Crystal Lipsticks retail for $26 and I counted 10 colors at Estee Lauder online.  

Disclaimer:  I got this as part of a gift with purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment