...

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Estee Lauder Lilly Pulitzer Face Compact

One of the items in the Estee Lauder Lilly Pulitzer Summer Nights gift set  was a face compact containing a powder foundation, bronzer, and blush.  I love the idea of having three face products in one convenient compact you can pop in your purse, plus the colorful shell design against the white background has brought a bit of brightness to January's dreariness.
Fortunately, the Double Wear Powder Makeup in Ivory Beige was a good match for my skin.  I tried it first as a foundation and decided I needed more coverage than it provided, so it worked better for me as a finishing powder over a BB cream or foundation.  I've got oily skin, and although this does claim to be oil absorbing, I noticed a dewy look less than an hour after application.  So, it may be a better option for those with dry to normal complexions.  I've had better luck with Lancome's Dual Finish Powder when it comes to combating shininess.
The Bronze Goddess soft matte bronzer is indeed soft, but not completely matte.  There are finely milled copper shimmer in it that is quite subtle and lovely.  Bronze Goddess is warm toned without being brassy or going orange on me.  It's a subtle bronzer and I don't have to worry about having brown streaks on my face when I use it it.  Pigmentation is good and buildable.
The Pure Color blush in Pink Kiss is a warm toned pink with a faint gold shimmer.  The shimmer bits in both the bronzer and blush are so finely milled that they provide more of a glow than obvious shimmer.  The result is both flattering and natural looking. Wear time was a solid 7 hours before I started to notice some fading.  Overall, all three products in the compact performed really nicely and I'm particularly pleased with the blush and bronzer.  They will be standards during the warmer months coming up!
Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment