...

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector SPF25

I've finally found an under eye concealer that works for me!  I received the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector as part of the New Beauty Test Tube, a quarterly beauty sampling service I signed up for.  The New Beauty Test Tube includes both sample and full sizes, and the Neutrogena eye perfector is full sized.  Every other under eye product I've tried would settle into fine lines in an obvious way that was not working for me, so I am thrilled to find one that doesn't!

I think the difference here is that the Neutrogena eye perfector starts off creamy but then dries down, whereas most other concealers I've tried stay creamy, which pretty much guarentees they are going to migrate into any available crevice or line.  The Neutrogena perfector settles slightly, but a quick pat removes the problem, leaving me with a brightened eye area that is also protected by the SPF25 in the product.  That's another feature that I like, as I don't think any of the other eye products I use contain SPF.
Four shades are available - fair, buff, light, and medium.  I received it in fair and it works for me.  I'm not super pale so it surprises me that the lightest shade is a match, but it is.  The applicator is a twist pen and I've not had a problem dispensing the right amount, but if you do, the top is quite tight and keeps any excess on the brush from drying out. 

Another plus is that not only is this a brightener, but it is also contains a patented blend of anti-oxidants including Vitamin E, wild chamomile and soy to help de-puff and treat the appearance of dark under eye circles. 

Neutrogena Brightening Eye Perfector in Fair
I'd say the downside of this product is that it is not a heavy duty concealer, which is probably why they call it a "brightening eye perfector" as opposed to a concealer.  I don't have super dark circles, but my aging eyes do need a bit of a boost to look their best, and this helps.

The price is about $13, and ULTA currently has a BOGO 50% off deal on Neutrogena products.  I'm very happy to have discovered this!

Disclosure:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment