...

Thursday, August 9, 2012

NSFW Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics

NSFW
NSFW is an attention getter, if ever there was one.  I doubt I'm brave enough to wear this out and about, although I think it's beautiful.  Described as a true red, NSFW works well with my skin tone if I ever do develop enough guts to wear bold red lips.

This little dot is all you need to completely cover your lips.  The pigmentation on all of the lip tars I've tried is superb.  I applied with the lip brush above, which allowed for a much easier application than straight from the tube.  Because a little goes such a long way, if you apply too much you'll have a greater risk of bleeding.  I did have some slight feathering on my upper lip, but not enough to be obvious unless you were eyeballing me an inch from my face.  

What was left after application
My main challenge was not smearing after I applied NSFW, as when I would try to clean up uneven lines, I'd inadvertantly smear some on my face. I do like that they come in a tube and are applied with a brush, as that will cut down on the risk of bacterial contamination and extend the life of the product.  Given how pigmented these are and how little you use, they will potentially last for a very long time.

NSFW dries down to a semi-matte with a slight sheen and feels surprisingly light on.  The first picture below shows the natural finish and the one below it is with Benefit's Dandelion Ultra Plush gloss on top.  The formula contains Hemp oil, Peppermint Oil, and Vitamin E, and I do not find these to be drying.  Wear time is a solid 4-5 hours for me, which is good as I'm continually sipping on something.  OCC products are also vegan and cruelty free, which is always nice to see.
Natural finish
With gloss
OCC's Lip Tars retail for $14.50 each.  I bought a set from beauty.com that contained 5 lips tars for $49.50.  These are great, definitely worth checking out.  And fear not, NSFW will see use from me, even if only to mix it with some of the lighter lip tars in my set.  Another plus of lip tars is they can be blended together to make custom colors!

Disclosure:  I bought this.

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! It was a bit more pink than I was expecting but still beautiful nonetheless. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These really are all that and a box of chocolates, IMO.

      Delete