...

Friday, January 17, 2014

NOTD: Brocade Crème by Rococo Nail Apparel

Brocade Crème by Rococo Nail Apparel is a deep oxblood red cream - one of those classic colors that never goes out of style.  I clipped my nails back to nubs, and every time I do that I opt for dark, rich colors.  Brocade Crème fits the bill.
The first coat was a bit streaky, but two even things out nicely.  Brocade Crème has a nice gloss to it without topcoat, but I used Zoya's Color Lock System base and top coats for good measure.  That duo does seem to prolong the wear of my polish!
This is my first Rococo polish and I received it as part of Space NK's fall GWP event - you can see the pretty box on the bottom left hand side.  They are on the pricey side at $16.50 a bottle, and I'm not sure I'm wowed enough to pay that kind of money for a fairly standard color.  However, Rococo is currently 50% off at Space NK, so if you've been curious about this brand, now might be the time to snap one up!

Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Jennie at Well Shut the Front Door!

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Holy moly, that's some expensive polish!! Yikes! Awesome you snagged some on sale!

    And I totally agree with you about dark colours on short nails. There's just something super classy about that look and since I consider you a very classy gal, I'm not surprised in the slightest that you rocked it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG is that a lipstick queen lipstick? I remember that brand was all the rage years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but the color was a bit too pale/nude for me!

      Delete
  3. What a luxe color - beautiful! My nails are super short right now too hehe.

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is gorgeous! You're right, it does pair well with "In Cold Blood". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This color is absolutely perfect. Gorgeous fall and winter color. You also do such a good job applying it! Dark colors are hard for me to work with ;)

    ReplyDelete