...

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Nude Compliment Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Eyesdadow

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Nude Compliment may be my favorite of the 4 new Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows I purchased from the Maybelline Dare to Go Nude spring collection. I love a good taupe, and as you will soon see from some comparison swatches below, a true taupe in a cream product is not that easy to find.  Or at least not in my collection.
Nude Compliment's formula was smooth, creamy, easy to work with, and blended nicely with the other 3 shadows I have from this collection.  I especially liked using this as on all over lower lid color, and it worked well on it's own or as a base color for powder shadows.  There is a softness to how Nude Compliment looks on the eye that made it so pretty, and I can see this becoming a staple in my eye wardrobe.
I compared Nude Compliment to other cream formulas I have, and no dupes were found.  I was actually surprised to see how warm the other shades pulled, making Nude Compliment the truest taupe in the bunch.  The next closest was the LE 24/7 cream shadow pencil Juju by Urban Decay.  As an aside, it looks like UD is discontinuing the shadow pencils, as the few colors left are on sale for $9.  My mother will be sad, she loves them.
L-R: Juju, Bedroom Eyes, Shimmering Taupe, Nude Compliment, Gunmetal, Rehab
So, lots of reasons why Nude Compliment is hitting a sweet spot with me.  Well worth picking up at it's $6-$7 price, especially if you are a taupe lover!

4 comments: