...

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Elegant Taupe 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow by bareMinerals

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I have mentioned how much I really, really like the 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance cream eye shadows ($18) by bareMinerals?  Because I really, really do.  Let me tell you why.

  • It contains sunscreen SPF 15, which is important for all skin, especially the delicate lid area.  I wish more eye products had built in SPF.  
  • It has skin enhancing ingredients such as mango seed butter, safflower seed oil, and Camellia Oleifera leaf extract.
  • It makes my increasingly crepey lids look smoother.  Thank you.  
  • The formula is extremely easy to work with.
  • The colors are great for nude/natural/neutral lovers.
  • They wear like iron on my oily lids.

Elegant Taupe reminds me of wet cement, except prettier.  The finish is not flat at all, as there is a very fine, almost imperceptible shimmer that keeps it from being a flat matte. I use the applicator to apply a dab on the center of my lids and then smooth it out with my finger, although I imagine a brush would work fine as well.
I always use an eye primer due to the extreme oiliness of my skin, but those with normal to dry skin probably won't even need to with this formula.  With primer, I get all day (8-9 hrs) of wear without any fading or creasing.  As such, these make for great base shadows, which is how I'm wearing it below.
I like this formula so much I'm slowly acquiring more colors (Sephora has 5 listed, but I believe originally there were as many as 11).  Given that neutral tones dominant the available shades and you are really just talking about differences in tone and intensity of color, I doubt I need them all.   I did just pick up Sweet Spice, however....

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if my comment posted, but I was rambling about how I'm in the market for a new eyeshadow base in my last comment haha. I totally forgot about these and this review is making me want to go out and try a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these. Seriously. I've been using the colors I have as base shadows almost every day.

      Delete