...

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Julep Modern Beauty Maven Box for July

I decided to go with the Modern Beauty Maven selection for May, which featured a body sized Konjac sponge and the new Rethink Your Shower Body Oil.  I'm still on the original $19.99/mo subscription plan, which means customization is limited at best.  I did add on a facial sized Konjac sponge ($12) using my Jules, which is what you see in the box.  The body Konjac is about 3 times the size of the facial Konjac.
I was most excited about the Rethink Your Shower Hydrating Body Cleansing Oil ($38), and I've got to say it's nice.  It's has a mild sudsing action and one pump is plenty to get the job done, including shaving my legs. 
  • Grape seed oil soothes skin and tightens pores
  • Coconut oil prevents dryness
  • Kukui nut seed oil moisturizes and protects
  • Grapefruit peel oil cleanses and evens skin tone
  • Glycerin and urea help skin retain water content and prep skin for exfoliation
  • Paraben- and SLS-free
My skin feels soft and hydrated afterwards, and the "It's Fun to Exfoliate" Konjac body sponge ($16) works well with the shower oil in that I get light sudsing.  I'm a bit skeptical of the "exfoliating" claim that comes with Konjac sponges, cause, they're a sponge, you know?  I guess technically a wash cloth exfoliates dead skin cells though, so there ya go.
Prior to receiving my box, I received an email from Julep letting me know there had been a mix up in my box contents.  Instead of the body size Konjac sponge, the Your Cuticles Look Thirsty cuticle cream ($20) was in my box, but they were sending the Konjac sponge separately.  I had actually wanted the cuticle cream so was okay with this mix-up, especially considering it meant I was getting it gratis. 
This Your Cuticles Look Thirsty formula feels like a whipped cream in consistency.  It's lightweight and absorbs quickly into the skin with leaving a greasy after feel.  The fragrance is slightly citrusy to me, but it's nothing overwhelming and I find it pleasant.  I like that the formula contains salicylic acid, as I'm hoping it will help with exfoliating the dry/dead skin I get on the tips of the fingers near the crease between skin and nail.  That drives me crazy.

The overall value of my July box including the add on Konjac facial sponge and gratis cuticle cream was $88 regular retail and $60.40 with Maven pricing, so definitely not bad for my $19.99 subscription price.  I've been enjoying the new products that Julep has been introducing!


No comments:

Post a Comment