...

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Empties! Products I Used Up in June

June's empties feature some tried and true items that were used up to the last drop as well as two items that were used once and then tossed.  So, let's get started!

  • Julep's Rock Star Hand Creme (full size):  with a formula containing shea butter, glycerin, coconut oil, and vitamin E, I liked this quite a bit. I've got some other hand creams I need to work my way through, but I'd repurchase.
  • DHC Head Oil (foil sample):  my favorite way to remove product buildup from my hair.  Think of it as oil cleansing for the hair, because that's exactly what it is.  Full review here.
  • Marcelle Energizing Hydra-C Energizing Hydrating Gel (deluxe sample):  loved it, even cut open to tube to get the last drops, which were quite a few.  Note to self, don't throw out sample tubes without cutting them open and extracting contents first.


  • Sephora Express Nail Polish Remover (full size):  good stuff, even takes off glitter polish without much of a fight.  Already have another bottle.
  • Supergoop Eye Cream (deluxe sample):  I liked that this eye cream has spf, as so few seem to.  Other than that, I'd say it's average. I cut open this tube as well, lots still inside that I could not squeeze out for the life of me.
  • Julep Freedom Top Coat:  I'm a fan, although it's frustrating that it thickens to the point of non-usage before I finish a bottle.  I have that problem with Seche Vite as well.
  • Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect (deluxe sample):  I've yet to meet at Number 4 product I haven't liked, and this one is no exception.  I just received another from Birchbox, so the timing is perfect.
  • Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo (deluxe sample):  A little goes a long way, and it does the job.  Very nice.
  • Nuxe Body 24 HR Moisturizing Body Lotion (foil sample):  quite luxurious feeling, I'm keeping this on my wish list.
  • YSL Cherry My Cherie Volupte Tint-in-Oil (foil sample):  also on my wish list, perhaps I'll treat myself during Sephora's next Friends and Family sale.  Full review here.
  • Le Metier de Beaute Revitalizing Anti-Aging Day Cream:Very nice, but hard to tell much based on the few uses available from the foil.  Pricey. I can say all the skincare items I've tried from LMdB have been top notch.
  • Le Metier de Beaute Revitalizing Anti-Aging Night Cream:  Ditto.
  • Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (foil sample):  I think the shade wasn't quite right for me, but I'm drawing a blank on this one.  
  • Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser (foil sample):  I like, but don't love.  Wish the warming sensation lasted more than a nano-second.
  • Golden Girl Gradual Tan (deluxe sample):  only enough for one application, so hard to form a solid impression.
  • First Aid Beauty Deep Cleanser with Red Clay (deluxe sample):  love this stuff, full review here.
  • Bloody Orange by Alice & Peter (spray vial sample):  loved the concept of this perfume, but the lasting power was disappointing.  Full review here.
  • Palmetto Derma Collagen Booster & Restoration Serum:  I liked this slightly thicker than water clear serum a lot.  The bottle lasted 3 months, and I'd consider purchasing.  

Now for the items that got tossed after one use:
  • Dr. Jart+ Night Beauty Balm:  No, just no.  Full review here.
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara:  clumpy under performer that also flaked.
Whew, that was a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment