...

Friday, April 27, 2012

Tarte Gifts from the Lipstick Tree Achiote Color Collection

Photo source:  Wikipedia
One of the spring collections released by Tarte is the Gifts From The Lipstick Tree Achiote Color Collection.  The set contains a LipSurgence™ Natural Lip Luster, an Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, and a Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss in Achiote, a lovely peachy pink shade.  All three products are full sized and contain achiote, a rusty red seed found in tropical and sub-tropical regions and primarily used for providing color and flavor to food.   








 The Lipsurgence Lip Luster pencil has a gold glimmer and is nicely pigmented with good color delivery.   I find the Lipsurgence pencils do a good job of making my lips feel hydrated and enjoy the peppermint scent and slight cooling sensation they provide.  My only complaint about the packaging is that I've had problems with the tops cracking in the past, which then makes them loose and prone to falling off.
Lipsurgence Lip Luster in Achiote

This was my first experience with the Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss.  I'm not really a fan of click pens, as I find I do a lot of clicking to get the product out.  The brush applicator is nice though, and the gloss itself feels good on my lips and again has that pleasant peppermint scent and tingling sensation.  While the lip pencil does have a nice sheen to it, wearing the gloss on top amps up the shine.  It did seem to lessen the intensity of color, however.
Maracuja Lip Gloss in Achiote (over Lipsurgence Lip Luster)

The last item of the trio is the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Achiote.  This matte blush is finely milled and has good color payoff.  The pan did pop out of the container when I was photographing it, but also popped back in easily, with a magnet that holds it in place.  Just something to be aware of, as I was surprised when mine fell out.

I find these wear well, although not the 12 hours as claimed.  I have oily skin so that could be a factor, but I'd say they wear for about 6-7 hours on me before starting to fade.  I tend to wear a gel or stick blush underneath with a powder blush on top as opposed to one or the other alone, which gives me lasting color for a full days wear.

Overall, this is a nice set in a color that works really well on me.  The set is $42 with a value of $70, and I bought mine from Sephora. 

No comments:

Post a Comment