...

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Yes to Tomatoes Rollerball Spot Stick

I've been on a concerted effort to get my oily, blemish prone skin under control.  Enter salicylic acid, which is latin for willow tree, whose bark was originally where salicylic acid was derived from.  It's a beta hydroxy acid and helps skin cells to shed more readily, unclogging pores and neutralizing bacteria.  Pores then do not clog back up as easily, due to constricted pore diameter (thanks, Wikipedia).  Smaller pores, people!

I've been using cleansers, toners, serums, and masks that contain salicylic acid.  Now, I've got a spot treatment rollerball from Yes to Tomatoes to add to this arsenal.  In addition to 2% salicylic acid and tea tree oil to treat acne, bisobol and ginger help to reduce inflammation and redness.  I've got under the skin bumps that are the result of overactive sebaceous glands, and I'm targeting them to see if the rollerball makes a difference.  I can say that I've seen a reduction in at least one of my most stubborn under the skin bumps after only one week of treatment.  The metal ball feels very cool on my skin, which is a nice sensation.  I have to press firmly sometimes to make sure the solution comes out. 

According to the Yes to.... web site, a clinical consumer evaluation study saw an improvement in both the severity and size of blemishes in 3 days.   Also a plus, this product is 97% natural and relatively inexpensive at $9.99.  I bought mine at Rite Aid for 75% off, making it $2.49. 

Ingredients:  Salicylic Acid (2.0%).,Water, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf/Twig Extract, SD Alcohol 38-B, Propanediol, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Juice, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract*, Bisabolol, Maltodextrin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sucrose Stearate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment