...

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection Brights Review and Comparison

The middle column of the 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection is composed of 5 shades that I refer to as "the brights".

From top to bottom:  Tainted is a pinky lilac with gold duochrome.  It swatched nicely, but I had difficulty getting it to show up on my eyes.  Junkshow is a vivid blue based fuschia and a little goes a long way.  Just tapping your brush on it will pick up plenty.  Omen is a light violet with a pink cast and applies nicely.  Evidence is a shimmery navy, and the one color from this column that applied a bit patchy.  I swiped this several times but can still see skin beneath.  Deep End is a vivid teal and a color that I rarely, if ever, wear.  It's beautiful but I don't know what to do with it.

The photo below, taken in direct sunlight, shows the duochrome effect a bit more in Tainted, Junkshow, and Omen. 
The only comparison I have for this column is Junkshow vs. Woodstock, which is from the UD Rollergirl palette.  They look similar in the pan, but once applied you can see the difference.  Junkshow is more blue based, whereas Woodstock leans more coral.
Junkshow vs. Woodstock
I tend to look better in coral pinks than blue based, which make me look tired.  Or maybe I am tired, I don't know.   I can say, after having taken umpteen pictures, that cool based pinks do not work with my complexion.  At all.  I tried though.
I used Tainted on the inner corners and on lower lash line, Junkshow in the middle and blended, and Omen in the crease and along the upper lash line.  I layered Evidence on top of Omen on the upper lash line and then used UD's 24/7 eye pencil in Ransom to line my lash line.  I used Every Day Minerals in Taj Mahal, a shimmery pink highlight shade, on brow bone and inner eye corner.

Disclaimer:  I purchased all products mentioned in this review.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colors!!!! I'm really glad to have found your blog. If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean the world to me! Thank you so much in advance!!! I look forward to read more of your future blog posts and hear from you!!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete