...

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Emerald Pretty Eyeshadow Palette by Tarina Tarantino

Tarina Tarantino products will no longer be carried at Sephora and have been on sale for 40% off for the past few weeks.  I was fortunate enough to pick up a few eyeshadow palettes as well as two of the Hyperdream eyeliners to try out before they were gone.  Never fear though, the products will still be available at Tarina Tarantino's site going forward, as well as some other yet unnamed retail sites.
There are six generously sized shadows in this palette, five shimmers and one matte.  When I say generously sized, I mean almost twice the size of an Urban Decay single shadow.  Emerald Pretty takes it's inspiration from The Wizard of Oz's Emerald City, and I've got to admit I had to look up Ozma, as it wasn't ringing a bell for me.  I'm glad I did, as she wasn't in The Wizard of Oz, but appeared in all the other books in the series and is the rightful ruler of Oz.  Heck, I wasn't even aware there were other books!  My education is clearly incomplete.

But, back to the shadows.
  • Glinda's Kiss is a white shimmer with a gold sheen and makes for a nice highlighter 
  • Silver Shoes is a dark gray shimmer 
  • Dandy Lion is an olive green with a dark gold shimmer - such a pretty color!  
  • Saw Dust Heart (love the name) is a dark chocolate brown matte 
  • Ozma is a peacock teal shimmer
  • Very Wicked is a greenish/grayish color that I found rather unique.
I've got to admit I scratched my head a bit trying to decide how to wear these colors without going outside the palette, as they are not my fail safe neutrals.  I finally settled on Very Wicked on my lid, Dandy Lion in the crease and Glinda's Kiss on my brown bone and inner eye corners.  Both Very Wicked and Dandy Lion remind me of a peacock feather, and most of this palette falls within that color spectrum.
Source:  The White Peacock
Here is Dandy Lion from lash line to crease with Silver Shoes in the Crease.  No surprise, but I can already tell Dandy Lion will be my favorite from this palette.
The shadows themselves are smooth, richly pigmented, soft, and great all around.   The only downside I'm seeing is the size of the palette, as it's a bit unwieldy.  I'm sorry to see Tarina Tarantino leave Sephora but glad there will still be ways to get my hands on her makeup!  This palette retails for $36.
Disclosure:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment