...

Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall New Beauty Test Tube

Of all the beauty sampling subscription services I'm currently receiving, I'd have to say New Beauty's Test Tube gives the most value.  With shipping, it's $38.90 a quarter, and you receive a nice variety of deluxe sample and full sized products.  I'm pretty excited about this quarter's offerings, let's take a look!
First up are some of the full sized items.  The Olay Professional ProX is a deep wrinkle treatment that is supposed to help with collagen production, and is valued at $43.99.  I'm probably going to gift this to my mom for Christmas.

Next is PhotoDefense Color Radiance SPF 55+  by CellCeuticals.  This line was founded by a plastic surgeon and is supposed to tackle skin aging at the cellular level.  The PhotoDefense is a tinted sunscreen that is supposed to be lightweight and hydrating while protecting against sun exposure and oxidative damage.  I've gotten much better about wearing sunscreen but am still looking for one that isn't heavy or shiny, so maybe this will be it!  It retails for $47.50. 
Next is Vital Defense by Yon-Ka.  This new to me line was founded in 1967 and is a natural skin-care brand that focus on aromatherapeutic treatments.  Cool!  Vital Defense is a moisturizing cream rich in anti-oxidant and anti-pollution plant extracts to help prevent aging.  Eighty percent of the ingredients are natural and the ingredient list is pretty impressive.  Retail value for this is $72. 

I've used Moroccanoil products for a while now and have tried the Intense Hydrating Mask before.  I can't say I remember it doing much to improve the quality of my hair, but I'll try it again.  This is a deluxe sized sample whose value is $9.76.
I also received a travel sized Bye Bye Under Eye concealer by IT Cosmetics.  I did a quick swatch and this is very pigmented and smooth!  The value of this sample is about $7.

For some reason, I just do not get excited about philosophy products.  I've got multiple samples of hope in a jar laying around that never get used.  I'll be passing this one on to my mother, who will give it proper love.  The value of this is about $6.50.

I am excited about the Dr. Brandt Dark Circles Away eye serum, however.  I love eye products, as that's the area where I do have fine lines and some crepeyness.  This serum is supposed to stimulate microcirculation and improve hydration, helping to fade darkness and boost luminosity.  We shall see, but I'm not sure the sample size will give me enough use to really test it out.  Even though the tube looks big, it only contains .085 fl oz and is maybe only 1/5 full.  It's value is about $9.

Last up is Pure Bliss Mineral Bath Salt in red poppy and hemp by Kneipp.  I don't take baths but will try it when I give myself a pedicure, as I like soaking my feet.  The value of this is about $2. 
Overall, I'm really pleased with my New Beauty Test Tube!  You can't beat the value (this quarter's box is worth about $200), there are some interesting brands represented, and the products are high quality.  Plenty of information regarding the products are provided, as well has a thick magazine which keeps me occupied for days.  Skin care products as opposed to cosmetics are heavily emphasized, which I know is not everyone's cup of tea.  No complaints from me, though!

Disclosure:  I purchased this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment