...

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Benefit Dandelion Face Powder and Ultra Plush Lip Gloss Review & Swatches

Benefit recently released six new lip glosses to match the Box O' blushes and face powders.  Today I have a mini Dandelion powder and lip gloss to show, which I got as a freebie with $25 purchase from Sephora online.

Dandelion is a brightening face powder as opposed to a blush, although I suppose if you were very fair it might work as a blush as well.  The back of the box the mini's came in touts it as "perk up with our celebrated ballerina pink powder and gloss".  It looks like a pink nude with a very fine gold microshimmer to me.  I had to heavily swatch the powder to get it to show up on my arm, which is quite a bit more pale than my face.

The Dandelion companion gloss is well matched with the powder in both color and the faint shimmer.  Once applied on lips, it's sheer and essentially provides a glimmer but no color.  The texture of the two Ultra Plush glosses I've tried thus far are light, comfortable, and non sticky.  They are not particularly long wearing, about 1.5 hours before needing to reapply.  My lips feel none the worse from wearing them, but it was hard for me to tell from the ingredients what might be the hydrating components beyond sodium hyaluronate.

Dandelion gloss, blush (shade)
I'm not sure I'll have much use for the Dandelion face powder, as it doesn't really seem to show up on my complexion.  The gloss is nice but not particularly unique, as I have plenty of sheer glosses with shimmer.   Both the Sugarbomb and Dandelion Ultra Plush glosses I've tried were on the sheer side, and while nice, are nothing I would feel compelled to spend $16 for.
Dandelion gloss, blush (sun)
Have you tried any of the Benefit Ultra Plush glosses?  What did you think?

Disclosure:  This was a free gift with $25 purchase from Sephora.com.

4 comments:

  1. Its funny you posted this. I have the dandelion powder in my makeup drawer (it is a full sized one and takes up room) and was thinking of tossing it. It doesnt show up on me either. I would like to try their Hula (a bronzing powder).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cabana Glama set is now on sale at Sephora for $19, and it contains a half sized Hula along with Posietint, Some Kind of Gorgeous, and some eye shadows. Might be a good way to try it out.

      Delete
  2. This blush looks gorgeous! I wanted to try it so I bought a mini Dandelion blush off of eBay. My mini Dandelion looks exactly like yours, but after doing a little research online, I'm now paranoid that mine is a fake. (Apparently there are a ton of fake Benefit products being sold on eBay.) I noticed that a number of sellers sell mini Dandelion blushes and a lot of people seem to be buying them. The guides I've found online discuss fake full-size Benefit blushes, but none of them look at the mini sized blushes. Would you mind posting a photo of the back of your blush so that I can compare?

    ReplyDelete