...

Sunday, July 29, 2012

J.R. Watkins Natural Beeswax Lip Balm

J.R. Watkins Natural Beeswax Lip Balm has become my go to lip balm for when my lips feels like they need some deep conditioning or soothing.  I use it before I go to bed and in the mornings when I'm putting on my makeup, prior to whatever lipstick or gloss I'm wearing for the day.

When I first got this, I wasn't that impressed.  The balm seemed hard to me, but now I know it's because the outer layer will harden if not used for a while.  If you rub off that dried outer layer, the balm is actually soft and emollient.  The formula is 100% natural and certified as such by the Natural Products Association.

I got this balm as part of a sampler pack with various J.R. Watkins products, which was a great way to get a feel for the brand.  Overall, I really like their products and appreciate the brand commitment to be:
• 95% Natural and above
• Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free
• Sodium Laureth Sulfate Free
• Paraben Free
• Phthalate Free
• Mineral Oil, Petrolatum free
• Dye Free
Furthermore, J.R. Watkins is a very reasonably priced brand.  The beeswax lip balm is $2.99, and I believe I paid about $15 for the sampler pack above.


Ingredients:  Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, beeswax, Oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, Mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), tocopheryl acetate, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil

Disclosure:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment