...

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Immuno-Viva Renew Anti Aging Serum

I've been using a lot of topical oils lately.  I've got one to cleanse my face and another to condition my hair.  I've now found another oil based product that I've integrated into my night time skincare regimen, Immuno-Viva's Renew anti-aging serum.  It's composed of 4 different certified organic oils which are extracted via a patent pending cold press process, which helps to preserve the oil's powerful antioxidant properties.  I did some of my own research into the oils used and discovered that:
  • Cranberry seed oil aids in the absorption and utilization of essential fatty acids in the skin, contributing to lipid barrier protection.  It also helps retain moisture in the skin.
  • Red Raspberry seed oil, which is high in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, is a superb antioxidant, has high levels of vitamin E, and is an anti-inflammatory.  
  • Sunflower seed oil,  which is high in vitamins, A, C, D, and E, can be useful in treating acne, as it helps keep bacteria out of skin and moisture in.
  • Black Cumin seed oil, which is a potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory,  has shown efficacy in treating auto-immune skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.  It contains over 100 different vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids.   
The first thing that struck me about this serum is it's smell.  It's got some fruitiness, but it's also earthy.  I really like it, to the point that I keep sniffing my hands after putting it on.  I gave some to my mother to try, and she wasn't as crazy about the scent as I was, although she didn't think it was unpleasant.  She did like how quickly the oil absorbed and that it left her skin soft.  So, while the scent is a selling point with me, it may not be for everyone.


I'm happy that this is packaged in a brown bottle and has a dropper for application, which should help keep it both fresh and hygienic.  On the bottom of the bottle is a "best used by" date of 1/14, which gets another thumbs up from me.  It irritates me when organic or natural products are not clearly marked with an expiration date, as they do have a more limited shelf life than products containing preservatives. 

It may actually take me until the expiration date to use this up, as a little of this serum goes a long way!  I use 3 drops on my face, 3 drops on my neck, a drop on the back of each hand, and I do not feel like I'm skimping.  The serum absorbs into the skin fairly quickly with no greasy after feel or sheen.  I haven't experienced any irritation or more than normal breakouts during the 3 weeks I've been testing.  My skin feels soft and hydrated and I like using products whose ingredient lists I actually recognize and understand!  As for anti-aging abilities, that's hard to tell at this point, but I do plan on using this long term to give it every opportunity to perform in that area.  I've reached that age range, ya know.

Renew Anti-Aging Serum retails for $49.95 and is available online at Immuno-Viva.  Interestingly (to me, at least, as I used to rock climb), renowned climber Ed Viesturs took the serum and the Immuno-Viva botanical supplements with him to Antarctica to test.  He's the only climber in the world to summit all 14 of the world's highest mountains without using supplemental oxygen. He's a rock star in the climbing world, and don't tell anyone, but I may have a bit of a crush.


Ingredients: Organic Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Organic Rubus Idaeus (Red Raspberry) Seed Oil, Organic Hellanus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) extract, Fragrance.

Disclosure:  I received a sample from PR for consideration.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment