...

Friday, July 13, 2012

July Birchbox: Five Senses

Birchbox teamed up with Glamour this month to feature products that appeal to the five senses.  Cool, huh? 

First up is Alterna Bamboo Fluide, a leave-in serum that protects hair with a UVA/UVB barrier to fade-proof color while keeping hair vibrant and shiny.  I've gotten better about protecting my skin from the sun, my hair might as well be next.  Wonder if this will give my beloved Orofluido a run for it's money?
Another Korean BB cream for me to try!  Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm is supposed to minimize the need for a foundation or concealer while also serving as a moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum.  It's made with 50% water, and I can say that when I used it this morning, I was impressed with how smooth it was and easy to apply.  I was less impressed with it's coverage, but now that I know it's not claiming to replace foundation, I feel a bit better.  I'm thinking this is something I will use more as a primer, but we shall see.

This is the first time I've heard of suki, but it sounds right up my alley.  I'm always looking for natural or organic skincare products that deliver, so I'll be interested in trying the 5 sample packets from the nourishing line that I received.  They may not be the right fit for my oily skin, but I'm game.

I also got one of the stila click pen lip glosses, and while I get a bit irritated with click pens, I'm not going to complain about receiving a stila product.  These come in a 3 pack of tropical inspired colors, and I received Hisbiscus. 
The lifestyle extras this month were some earbuds and a Larabar Uber bar.  I ate the bar for breakfast this morning and quite enjoyed it.  I'm listening to some of the Glamour playlists as I type this up, and Eddie Murphy is singing "Party All the Time".  Cheesy goodness.  Or badness.  I had another wave of memories with Prince's "Pop Life", love that song.

Thank you, Birchbox and Glamour.  Good month!

Disclosure:  I subscribe to Birchbox, which is a $10/month beauty sample subscription box.   If you are interested in subscribing yourself, this is a referral link which gives me 50 Birchbox points after you subscribe and are a member for one month (Birchbox points can be used towards future purchases).  Or you can go to Birchbox and subscribe directly from their site. 

18 comments:

  1. You got great stuff in your box! I got an eyeliner, instead of the lipgloss!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind trying the Eyeko liner, maybe I'll get one eventually. But yes, I got a good box!

      Delete
  2. I am totally interested in subscribing to this! I love trying new beauty products:) Thanks so much for linking up for Find + Follow Friday! Newest follower via GFC:)

    -Nicole @ http://meandthem00n.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed Birchbox, let me know what you think if you end up subscribing. And thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for mine to arrive!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait to get mine!! yours looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I heard good things about Dr. Jart from Tara! I got the Boscia one instead... I also felt like I still had to put concealer on with a little blush since it wasn't a full foundation. But overall it was a great box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I wrong to say that I like when my hair changes color in the sun? I protect my skin, but I don't think I would want to protect my hair. I'm glad I didn't get that one. Hopefully it doesn't pop up in a future box of mine.

    That stinks that the BB cream doesn't give you enough coverage. My Smashbox one replaces my foundation completely because it is awesome and provides full coverage and protection. I recommend trying it if you want a great BB cream.

    btw...agree completely about the stila. Hopefully the next one won't be a clicker! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to like it when the sun lightened my hair, but now that I color it, not so much. So, I think the Bamboo Fluide is a good option for those who color their hair. I am liking how it smells and makes my hair feel!

      Delete
  7. How do you like the lipgloss?? :) Looks/sounds great!!
    I wish I got the BB cream!!
    Looks like you got a great box :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gloss is nice, perhaps a bit more sticky than I like. Although that probably gives it more staying power.

      Delete
  8. That hair serum looks awesome. Did it go on greasy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it did not make my hair greasy at all! It has more of a silicone slip feel to it when applying. The smell is also really nice.

      Delete
  9. I got the Dr. Jart+ cream in my May BB and it was only 1/3 full - it looks like they fixed that issue in time for this current box, because your sample looks awesome! I'm super jealous that you got the stila gloss - I would have loved to have tried it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading about the almost empty Dr. Jart+ containers! I think the current tubes are larger as well - I'm getting a lot of use from it.

      Delete
  10. Jealous you got a bb cream! Maybe I'll get that next time! Great review love! Glad I found you through the link up

    xoxo, Emily
    bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really wish I would have gotten the leave in serum in my box!! Jealous!!

    Stopping by from the link up, happy to be your newest follower <3

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete