...

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

L'Oreal Gel Lacquer Liner in Slate

I've never considered myself very good at using liquid or gel liners and have mainly stuck to eye pencils as a result.  However, that's all changing and I've got to say, I'm really enjoying trying some different looks, like a subtle cat eye.  Rarely do both eyes match, but whatever.

There was a display of the new Infallible eyeshadows at Ulta, and right above the shadows were these gel liners.  I ending up getting Slate because of a BOGO offer Ulta had going for L'Oreal makeup.  I couldn't decided on another Infallible shadow to go with Liquid Diamond, so I decided why not try this new liner?  Turns out, it was a good choice!

I know this is unheard of, but the the included brush is actually quite good and is what I've been using to apply the gel liner.  Dark Slate is a taupe gray, which works well with my coloring.  I find black liners are usually a bit too harsh looking on me, and while grays can sometimes make me look tired, this seems to have enough brown in it to avoid that problem.

Application is a breeze, as this gel applies smoothly in one pass.  Once dry, this liner is good to go until you take it off.  I've got oily lids and experienced zero smearing or smudging after a good 12 hours of wear.  It will, however, flake off if you rub your eyes hard enough, which I discovered when I got something in one eye.  When I was washing my face before going to bed, I noticed one perfect eye, and one eye where the liner was lighter due to flaking - the eye I had rubbed.  The liner came off easily enough with my DHC cleansing oil, although you may need to use eye makeup remover if you don't use an oil based cleanser.

Here are a few looks I've tried using Dark Slate.


The Infallible Gel Lacquer liners retail for about $10 and come in five shades:  Blackest Black, Espresso, Navy, Dark Slate, and Bronze.  I liked Dark Slate so much, I went back and picked up Navy and Bronze to try out.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Disclosure:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment