...

Thursday, July 26, 2012

NOTD: Poppy by Rescue Beauty Lounge

On principle, I've tried to limit myself to no more than $10 for a bottle of nail polish, and even then it had to be really special.  So that means I've never bought a lot of the high end brands such as Deborah Lippman, Butter London, Nars, Chanel, on and on and on.  Honestly, I've rarely been moved enough by what I've seen to spend that much money, so it hasn't caused any gnashing of teeth on my part.

So why did I recently purchased not one, or even two, but three different polishes at $20 a bottle?  I'd definitely admired these polishes when I first saw swatches of them online, but I admired from afar because of their price.  Then, I found out the collection had received a cease and desist letter from the museum of the namesake of the collection, and by golly, that pushed me over the edge.  You can read the details here

Sante Fe, Ghost, Poppy
It's a shame, really, as it's a gorgeous collection and meant as a respectful tribute.  Now it will be available for 6 months only and then forever gone.  Names had to be changed and penalties paid in order to avoid costly litigation.  Because I dislike bullying behavior, love the collection and it's inspiration, and wanted to not regret missing out on them, I bought Poppy, Ghost, and Sante Fe from the GOMM collection by Rescue Beauty Lounge.  If I could have bought all of them, I would have.  I may still.

First up is Poppy, a vibrant and glossy glass flecked red.  In the bottle you can see a shimmer, but on the nail it's much less obvious.  This applied easily and was completely opaque with two coats and for those with better skills than mine, possibly at one coat.  However, I used an OPI top coat that caused some bubbling and then proceeded to take forever to dry, which meant some sheet imprints from when I went to bed.

So I applied a third coat of Poppy and then Seche Vite, and that fixed things.   Damn you Seche Vite, I wish I knew how to quit you. 

The GOMM collection is available from Rescue Beauty Lounge until they sell out, but for no longer than 6 months (I believe that started in July).


Disclosure:  I bought these.

8 comments:

  1. Really pretty colors! I'm bummed about the cease and desist letter too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super pretty!! Loving it! You did such a great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the green one from the GOMM collection and also got fired up about the legal stuff. It's really too bad they're being sticks in the mud and couldn't have worked it out with RBL! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That green is really pretty - I seriously considered it.

      Delete
  4. Why quit Seche vite?! I just recently discovered it and its seriously the best top coat I've found :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a love/hate relationship with Seche Vite. I hate the tip shrinkage, but love the shine and how quick it dries.

      Delete