...

Thursday, July 5, 2012

LA Splash Smudge Proof Mascara in Perfect Storm

I went through a phase where I wore blue mascara - I think it was circa 1988.  I remember thinking that it made my eyes "pop", and I did get a few compliments to that effect.  Fast foward 24 years, and I've been wanting to get some blue mascara again.  So, I went looking for something relatively inexpensive in case I decided that, yes, you really are too old to be wearing blue mascara.

Enter LASplash Smudge Proof mascara in the royal blue Perfect Storm, found while browsing the aisles at Ulta.  It was a bit more vivid than I was looking for, but at $4.99, I figured I could live with it and possibly tone it down by layering over black mascara.  LASplash is not a brand I'm very familiar with, but wow at the color selections available!  Did you say you wanted lime green mascara?  Mustard yellow?  Fuschia pink or teal?  They've got it!
Respect the wand
First off, a warning that you need to respect the brush.  I got a bit careless in application and paid the price.  Those are some sharp little spikes.  Fortunately, the brush is flexible, or the damage could have been worse.  The mascara itself went on okay.   It's a bit waxy and can clump, possibly why there is a spiked applicator.  Nothing too problematic, but not a high quality formula.  You are getting mainly color here, as opposed to volume or lengthening.  Wear is actually quite good, however, as I experienced neither flaking or smudging.


I also tried the blue mascara over black, and that is probably how I will end up wearing it the most.  It darkens it just enough but still remains blue.

Blue mascara over black

I like it and do think it makes my eyes "pop" a bit!

Ingredients: Water, Carnauba Wax, Stearic Acid, Talc, Triethanolamine, Urea, Cellulose Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, QuaternIum-15, Propylparaben, Rose Oil, Panthenol, May Contain Pigments: Mica, Iron Oxides: (black, violet, yellow, red),
Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ultramarines (blue), Polyethylene Terephthalate. 


Disclosure:  I bought this.

No comments:

Post a Comment