...

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Wild Rose, Quince & Raspberry

Wild Rose, Quince, Raspberry
I've been on a quest to find natural lip balms that are effective.  I'm picky about my lip products and it has not been easy to find a non-petrolatum lip product that moisturized, felt good on, and had some staying power.  Throw in being available in pretty colors, and it's been a bit of a challenge.

I'm happy to say I think Korres Lip Butter Glazes perform pretty well in all the categories I mentioned.  They feel good on, have moisturizing ingredients, are all natural, and come in seven different colors that are pretty darn vibrant.  I picked up three lip glazes from HSN for a song recently.  Wild Rose is a sheer pinkish red, Quince is a sheer coral pink, and Raspberry a sheer berry pink. 
Raspberry, Quince, Wild Rose
I had no problem applying with the tube applicator and the size (.34 oz) is good for sticking in a pocket.  These are a bit pricey at $14 each, which makes package deals like the one I got at HSN a good option.  I paid $15.60 with 20% off and free shipping from one of their daily deals, so essentially got three for the price of one.  The daily deals are obviously catch as catch can, but the trio I got are now listed for $19.50. 


Quince
Wild Rose
Raspberry
The lip glazes have a faint but pleasant scent that I can't really place, are non-sticky, and have a nice gloss to them.  Pigmentation is good and wear time is average at 2-3 hours.  Nothing wears very long on me as I'm always sipping on something.  Overall, I think these are a good option for those seeking a colored lip balm featuring natural ingredients. I do wish the packaging still listed the percentage of natural ingredients, but alas, they no longer do.  For those avoiding carmine, I'm not seeing it in any of the ingredient lists.   I also wish they were not so expensive, but when purchased as a set, they are quite reasonable.

Ingredients (Wild Rose):  Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Beeswax, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Silica Silylate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Ethyl Vanillin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract May Contain: Mica, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

Disclosure:  I purchased these and have no affiliation with HSN.

4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I really want Crocus, the lavendar color. I've been so into purples lately, it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sound pretty! I have zero purple shades in lip colors.

      Delete
  2. Quince is really pretty, these are a lot more pigmented the I expected. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They pleasantly surprised me with how pigmented they are!

      Delete