...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

BeautySage Launch Sample Gift Box

BeautySage, an online shop founded by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen’s YouBeauty.com, launched this month.  This short video explains that beauty editors handpick items that impressed them for inclusion at BeautySage.  Chemists then analyze label claims and the ingredients behind them, confirming in the scientific literature if the  ingredients really deliver as well as verifying claims like organic, natural, vegan and paraben-free (I love this).  Finally, a select group of YouBeauty users are sent samples to review and report back if the products worked for them.  Currently, there are only 13 brands included at BeautySage, although I would imagine they will expand.

I had signed up for email notification for when the site went live, and my email included a code for a sample box of products with a $30 purchase.  Here is the sample box in case anyone else is contemplating using their code but is undecided.  I'm not sure if all the boxes will be the same, however.  I also purchased a Bayberry cleanser and Shea Terra eye oil I'll be reviewing after I've used them for a while.  The contents of the box are comparable to the size and types of sample I receive in my Birchbox and Eco-Emi subscription boxes.   

First up is a Marula whipped body butter by Shea Terra.  I actually received one of these in a different variety in one of my Eco-Emi boxes and was quite impressed with it.  The scent is pleasant but hard to describe, as it is not a scent I'm familiar with.  The texture is light but dense and did not leave a greasy after feel.  Very nice!

Next is lavender bar soap by bayberry Naturals.  This definitely smells like an herbal lavender and is a generous enough size for sink side use.  I actually prefer bar soaps to liquid soaps for some reason.

The next sample, One Love Organics Skin Savior balm, I don't actually see on the BeautySage site.  Perhaps they will be carrying it in the future?  It's billed as a hair tamer, illuminizer, make up remover, moisturizer, pomade, primer for mineral powder, and skin soother.  Composed of cold-pressed plants oils, apparently a little goes a long way.  I'll be interested in trying this.

I also received an aromatherapy sample vial from 21 drops in the formula "11" De-Stress, composed of frankincense, lavender, ylang ylang and German chamomile to help steady the nerves, relieve tension and reduce irritation.  I mainly smell the chamomile, which always smells like straw to me.  This is a mild scent and does dissipate quickly, although apparently it's effects continue after the scent has gone. 

Last was a sample of Kneipp's Herbal Bath Valerian & Hops.  I actually love these herbal bath formulas and used them years ago when I would soak in them after rock climbing, loosening my sore muscles.  I had forgotten all about them, so this is like rediscovering an old favorite again. 

I like the premise of featuring "proven" products and will be interested to see how BeautySage does going forward.  What do you think?

Disclosure:  This sample box was part of an introductory offer for new members who had signed up prior to site launch - spend $30 and receive a free sample box.  I'm not affiliated with either BeautySage or YouBeauty in any way and my opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. love the skin savior!!
    http://ciaobellalov3.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

    ReplyDelete