...

Monday, June 25, 2012

Sula Beauty I'ts Not Me, It's You Lip & Cheek Tint Review, Swatches, and Comparison

It's Not Me, It's You
I was browsing in Ulta recently and found a shelf with marked down items containing a variety of Sula Beauty products.  Sula Beauty offers lower to mid-priced natural cosmetics that are free of parabens, phthalates, and petroleum byproducts.  The founder of the company, Susanne Langmuir, recently launched Bite Beauty, which I've noticed at Sephora.  I've also seen Sula Beauty's display at Ulta before (love their packaging) but never purchased anything, so took advantage of this sale to snap up four different items.

As I've mentioned before, I love me some cheek tints and have more than my fair share.  If they are natural products, all the better.  Tarte started my collection, Josie Maran continued it, and now Sula Beauty Lip & Cheek Tints have their place!  Sula's cheek tints are .21 oz., which is slightly larger than Tarte's .17 mini cheek tints and the same size as Josie Maran's mini Argan color sticks. 

I got It's Not Me, It's You, which is a vibrant coral pink cream.  It has a light scent which is vaguely lemony but very unobstrusive.  When swatched, it looks quite pigmented but blends out easily for a nice flushed look.  I really like this color!  I was searching for any potential dupes in my collection, and the closest I could find was Tarte's Blissful, another favorite of mine. 

So, I did a comparison between Blissful and It's Not Me, It's You.  Blissful leans slightly more orange and It's Not Me, It's You slightly more pink.  They are close, though.

Tarte Blissful vs. Sula Beauty's It's Not Me, It's You
I've got to say, Sula Beauty's cheek tints compare very favorably to the more expensive Tarte and Josie Maran!  Blissful was more sticky after application, although after about 20 minutes that tackiness was gone.   Sula's cheek tint retails for $10 (I paid $5.99 on sale), whereas Josie Maran's mini sticks are $14, and Tarte's minis are usually only available in collections.  A full sized Tarte cheek stain will set you back $30.  Sula Beauty is more limited in their selections, however, with only 5 cheek tints on their web site.  On the plus side, It's Not Me, It's You worked well on my lips, and I generally don't care for Tarte's or Josie Maran's as lip tints.  Sula's are a bit more dense and have no discernible taste, which I think translates well for lip wear.  Wear time as a lip balm was not particularly long, but it was comfortable.
Blissful (top), It's Not Me, It's You (bottom)
I'm glad I stumbled across It's Not Me, It's You!  But, here's the hair in the soup.  Ulta will no longer be carrying this brand, although Sula Beauty's web site still says "Available at Ulta Beauty Stores and Ulta.com".  I'll be going back to Ulta and getting a few more items before they are all gone!
Blissful vs. It's Not Me, It's You (blended)
Sula It's Not Me, It's You on lips and cheek
Ingredients:  Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis ( Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cera alba (Beeswax), Argania spinosa (Argan) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Polymethylmethacrylate, Natural Flavour, Tocopherol. (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), FD&C Blue No. 1 (CI 42090), FD&C Yellow No. 5 (CI 19140), FD&C Yellow No. 6 (CI 15985), FD&C Red No. 40 (CI16035), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6, D&C Red 7, D&C Red 33

Disclosure:  I purchased this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment