...

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Eggplant Review & Swatches

Yet another product that I picked up from RiteAid at 75% off.  I find myself trying items at those prices I would not buy otherwise, but I'm having a fairly high rate of success with the ones I've picked up so far!

HIP stands for High Intensity Pigment, and the shade I picked up is a deep eggplant purple.  Eggplant is one of my favorite colors and one of the few purple shades that I'm drawn to.  My favorite winter coat of all time, bought at The Limited, was eggplant purple and had massive shoulder pads.  Yes, it was the 1980's.  I lived in Boston at the time and that coat got worn nonstop during the winter.  I never got tired of it.  I don't remember when I retired it, but I'm sure it was past it's prime.  

Okay, back to makeup.  Look at the lovely sparkles!  As usual, I found the brush this came with to be useless.  It was not difficult getting a good, solid line with a decent brush.  Staying power was great and I had no problems with smudging.  These are waterproof and the swatches I tested in the shower came out pretty much like they went in, just some slight flaking.  You will probably need a makeup remover or cleansing oil to help with removal. 


I've read several reviews that said these dry out quickly.  I've had mine for about a month and it's fine, but if I does dry out I'll update this review.  The HIP cream eyeliners are a bit pricey for a drug store brand, ranging from $11-12 from what I've seen.  They come in 5 different shades:  black, brown, blue, teal, and eggplant. 

Swatches post shower.
Disclosure:  I bought this.
Ingredients:  Isododecane, Polyethylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Phenyltrimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Contain: [+ or -]: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77492, 77499, 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Black (CI 77499) (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Barium Sulfate (CI 77120) (CI 77120), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

No comments:

Post a Comment