...

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection Review and Comparisons - The Darks

Here is the last of the swatches from the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection, which I refer to as "the darks".  Again, you've almost got a mini Naked palette, this time featuring darker browns, a gray, a matte black, and a muted purple thrown in for good measure.

Deeper, M.I.A., Ace, Blackout, Half Truth (shade)
All of the darks swatched well and applied easily with no patchiness.  Especially impressive was Blackout, as matte shades can be troublesome.  I had no problems getting an opaque black that was not chalky.

Deeper, M.I.A., Ace, Blackout, Half Truth (sun)
First up is Deeper, a medium golden bronze.  Next is M.I.A., a deeper bronze with a more reddish tone.  Next is Ace, a dark gray with shimmer.  Next is M.I.A., a true matte black.  Last is Half Truth, a lovely muted purple with a blue cast.

I've got a few comparisons from the Naked 1 and Rollergirl palettes.   Here is M.I.A. vs. Smog, which is from Naked 1.  M.I.A. looks more brown and Smog more bronze.

Next up is M.I.A. vs. Darkhorse from the Rollergirl palette.  M.I.A. looks darker and with more red tones than Darkhorse.  However, Deeper looks pretty similar to Darkhorse in this picture.  In real life, Deeper has slightly more copper tones in it and is more shimmery.


Next up is Gunmetal from Naked 1 and Ace.   Gunmetal has silver micro glitter in it and is lighter and more shiny than Ace.
Then I swatched Creep from Naked 1 and Blackout.  Creep is black with silver shimmer and was hard to get opaque - it applies more sheer.  Blackout was easily opaque in a few swipes and is a matte black.

I'm glad I got the 15th Anniversary eyeshadow collection - I think I'll get lots of use from it!  The reformulated shadows are indeed quite smooth and buttery with the exception of Vanilla, which I still like.  Most applied well, with Tainted being the exception in this case.  Overall, a lovely palette.

Did you pick one up?  What do you think of it?

Disclaimer:  I purchased all of the products mentioned in this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment