...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Eminence Garlic & Tomato Masque Review

 I've got a deep whitehead on my cheek that's been trying to work it's way up to the surface, and I've foolishly tried to speed up it's journey.  Foolish, because now I'm afraid it's going to get infected and/or leave a pit. After I realized my folly, I pulled out Eminence's Garlic & Tomato masque and applied pronto.  This is a masque made for oily, acne prone, and congested skin and one I turn to especially in warmer months, when my skin goes into overdrive.

This is what I consider to be an 'active' mask, in that I can feel it doing things to my skin.  It does have a distinct odor which some may find unpleasant, but I personally like it.  It contains odorless garlic which is an anti-inflammatory/anti-bacterial that helps to get oxygen to the skin, sweet yellow clover which is a stimulant and anti-inflammatory, tomato puree and juice for anti-aging antioxidants, honey to moisturize and nourish, and St. John's wort as a anti-irritant to help sooth and calm skin.

You can actually see the tomato seeds in this one, as Eminence uses whole fruits and vegetables in their formulations.  All of Eminence's products are 100% certified organically grown and do not use commercial preservatives, which also means they have a more limited shelf life.  I keep this masque in my refrigerator when I'm not using it, as it's not one I use on a weekly basis, but more when I'm having a skin emergency.  I've had it for over a year and it's still good, but I'm guessing the usual shelf life is about 18 months.  I do wish they marked their products with expiration dates, my only complaint.

Using the enclosed applicator, I use about a quarter's worth mixed with a few drops of water.  Instructions say to leave on for 5-10 minutes, but I've left it on for up to 30 minute with no issues.  It dries down to a tight, matte texture and I use a warm, damp washcloth to help rinse off.   This masque can also be used as an overnight spot treatment, which I'll be doing on my cheek.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love Eminence Organics products.  They are quality - but you pay for it.  This masque retails for $48 and can be purchased at Amazon, dermstore, and other online retailers.  I got mine at a spa.
Ingredients:  Tomato Puree, Tomato Juice, Odorless Garlic Puree, Glycerin, Honey, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, St. John's Wort, Sweet Yellow Clover, Vitamin B, C, E, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Biotin, Benzoic Acid, Folic Acid, Sorbic Acid.

Disclosure:  I purchased this and have no affiliation with any of the companies mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment