...

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Air Perfection Cushion Foundation in Medium by Pür Minerals

I was intrigued by Pür Minerals Air Perfection Cushion Foundation for a variety of reasons, including the ones that usually suck me in when it comes to foundations:  words like flawless, believable coverage, lighter than air, advanced technology, and advanced botanical problem solvers.  I decided to ignore the "dewy finish" part, so let's see if that bit me in the butt:-)
This is a liquid foundation housed in a compact with two compartments - one for the sponge applicator, and another that houses the foundation saturated cushion.  It's solid and feels secure, although I'm not one for tossing makeup in my purse for on the go application.  I don't worry about it leaking or drying out, however, so that's good.
Available in only light, medium, and tan, I was a bit concerned when I first opened my choice of medium.  It looked dark to me, making me second guess if I should have gone with "Light" instead.  Oh, the perils of online shopping.
Fortunately, it blends quite well with my complexion, which is losing it's summer color.  I think that's due to the sheerness of the foundation, and indeed this is marketed as "ultra high-quality sheer to medium coverage with a unique, mousse-like texture that feels lighter than air."  If you are looking to cover hyperpigmentation or blemishes this might not be a go to choice for you. 
What it does do a really good job at is ease of application and believable coverage.  I used the enclosed sponge, pressing on the cushion to pick up the foundation, and then buffing it on. 
I'm always looking for foundation that can also improve your skin, and this one claims to be able to:
  • Help soothe visible irritation for a clearer, more comfortable complexion
  • Provide texture-plumping hydration that softens the look of lines
  • Moisturize, smooth and protect with antioxidant benefits
  • Deliver a megadose of anti-aging amino acids and vitamins 
Key skin improving ingredients are Babassu Oil, a Brazilian palm-based ingredient containing hydrating lauric and myristic acids and antioxidant vitamin E for moisturized skin and that dewy complexion.  It is similar in it's contents to coconut oil, if that helps.  I also see other oils in the ingredient list, so let's take a look at those as well:
  • Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil (baobab oil):  from the seeds of the Adansonia digitata tree, which grows wild in South Africa.  It is is highly penetrating, deeply nourishing and softens dry skin.
  • Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil: good for dry skin, as it moisturizes and acts as a barrier.
  • Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil (Sea Buckthorn oil): made up of Beta Cerotene, Provitamin A and Vitamin E, helps to protect the skin from UV radiation and free-radical damage. These easily absorbed oils support the natural buildup of the skin’s lipid layers and possess anti-inflammatory properties (source Weleda)
So, how did this work on my oily skin?  Well, it's definitely dewy in finish.  I've been using an oil absorbing primer and setting it with translucent powder, but I still get significant oil breakthrough after about 2 hours of wear.  There is no way I'd be able to wear it in warmer months, when my skin is in oil hyperdrive mode.  For now, I blot and go, as I do like how this applies, looks, and feels on my skin. 
Air Perfection Cushion Foundation is a new product, and Pür Minerals currently has it at a special introductory price of $30 (regularly $38).  I was able to get mine with a 30% Black Friday discount code, making it only $21, which is reasonable.  Bottom line: I like it, even though it's not ideal for oily skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment