...

Monday, December 8, 2014

BY TERRY Baume de Rose Color Collection: Rare Edition

This delightful splurge ($89) was prompted by a "we miss you " 25% discount code from Beauty.com.  I mean, if you're going to indulge in lip balm that normally retails for $56 a pot, you might as well get a gift set with 5 travel sized tinted balms at discount, right?
For those not familiar with BY TERRY Baume de Rose, the original colorless version was released in 2003 and quickly became a cult classic.  Composed of a plumping and soothing blend of rose flower essential wax , pastel oil, shea butter, ceramides and vitamin E  (amongst others), 5 tinted versions have now joined the Baume de Rose family.  This set includes 4 tinted balms along with the original.
I admit I was a bit skeptical before I got these, but now I get it.  They feel soooo good on and they wear really well for a lip balm.   They provide sheer color, which works fine for me, but you can also wear them over lip stains or lipstick for more impact.  The original can also be used as a cuticle balm, although I'd be loathe to do that given how expensive they are.  Heck, it pained me somewhat to do the arm swatches!
Rosy Babe
Cherry Bomb
Fig Fiction
Toffee Cream
The only color I'm missing is Mandarin Pulp, which I'm sure I would LOVE.  Something to aspire to:-)

2 comments:

  1. They sound wonderful, but they look pretty similar! I don't know, I definitely want more by terry products though!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely not high impact color, but feel so good!

      Delete