...

Monday, December 15, 2014

Rebel Nudes Glossy Stain by YSL: #103, #106 and #107

Rebel Nudes by YSL are supposed to capture the shine of a gloss, color of a lipstick, and the long wear of a stain, all with a 3D luminous effect.  They do indeed have an interesting luminescence and wear quite well for a gloss, but I can't say I noticed any staining effect, nor do they have the color impact of lipstick. 
Pink No Taboo #103 is a fuchsia pink with a faint blue shimmer.  I found all three colors to be sheerer than I was expecting based how they looked in the sample card.  However, when you factor in the nudes in "Rebel Nudes", perhaps color impact is not to be expected.
Beige Anarchist #106 is described as a "pink nude", but I'd say it's a rust with gold shimmer that translates to a sheer warm shimmer on my lips.
Naughty Mauve #107 is a rose mauve with pink shimmer.  As you can see, there are only faint color differences between the three once on the lips. 
These are nice glosses with a respectable wear time of about 3-4 hours, but at $32 each, I was expecting more.  But again, that's why I love samples, so I can discover that before I purchase!
Wearing Beige Anarchist

No comments:

Post a Comment