...

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dead Sexy Bon Bon Shea Butter Lotion by TokyoMilk

Dead Sexy.  For some reason, the name cracks me up and I just had to have it.  Fortunately, the fragrance notes of deep vanilla, exotic wood, white orchid, and ebony in this lotion meant I didn't have to buy it for the name alone.  The artwork was another incentive.  I mean, who can pass up a skull nestled in a bed of lush flowers?  Not me.

As described on Tokyo Milk's site,
Unexpected essences are crushed & distilled then blended with extracts of Japanese Green Tea, Mimosa Bark & Dandelion and enveloped in moisture-rich Shea Butter to create this coveted treasure.
Key Ingredients: Japanese Green Tea, Mimosa Bark and Dandelion with rich Shea Butter.

The fragrance is light and at first I wondered if it would even register or just fade away, but the first time I wore it I noticed well into the day that I could still smell it.  So in this case, at least, light did not equal quick fading.  This is the second Bon Bon Shea Butter Lotion from Tokyo Milk that I've tried, and I find them to be light, non greasy lotions.  I wouldn't go to them first if I wanted a deep moisturizer, but for a lightly scented hand or body lotion that conditions without leaving behind a noticeable residue, they are lovely.
The packaging and artwork is top notch and I think these would make great gifts for those that appreciate something a little bit out of the ordinary.  I actually prefer scented lotions over perfumes, but if you find a scent you like, they come in both forms.  The lotions retail for $20.
Source:  IMDb
Apparently, Shannon Tweed is Dead Sexy as well, as she starred in a 2001 movie of that name.  Who knew?

Disclosure:  I purchased this.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved the Ruby Pumps color, very nice and festive!

    ReplyDelete